25 april 2019:
imec 1, Auditorium - Kapeldreef 75, 3001 Leuven
Gratis, maar wel op voorhand inschrijven.
International DNA Day is a perfect time to seriously think about genomic medicine for daily use in hospitals. While costs for sequencing are dropping there are still major political, societal, technical and scientific challenges to address before genomic medicine will be a standard clinical practice.
Our GAP closing event on April 25 features two main parts:
- Morning session: The broader strategy needed to make genomic medicine a reality in Europe
- Afternoon session: Scientific and engineering challenges.
Please find an initial early program outline below.
- 10:00 - 12:30 – Strategy for Genomic Medicine in Europe
- 10:00 - Welcome - imec, UZ Leuven and funding agencie
- 10:30 - 1M Genome Project
- 10:45 - 100k Genomes Project - Marc Bale
- 11:15 - SolveRD - Han Brunner
- 11:45 - Flexible Genomics Applications Platform to achieve Clinical Genomics + questions
- 12:30 - 14:00 – Lunch and demos
- 14:00 - 18:00 – Overview of the Genomics Application Platform
- Scientific session feat. invited talks (20’) – Gary Saunders (EMBL-EBI), Edwin Cuppen (Hartwig Foundation), Bart Vannieuwenhuyse (Janssen Pharmaceutica)
- Future Research for Scalable and Practical Genomic Medicine – Scientific panel discussion
- 18:00 - 19:30 – Networking
More informatie on the program and registration